PGW wants to increase customer rates by $70 million per year.
They say the average household’s gas bill would go up by 11.2%, but the actual increase could be much higher. Their proposal would increase the fixed monthly charge from $13.75 to $19.25, a 40% increase, and that’s without using any gas! Gas bills are already too high for lower- and middle-income families.
Coming up next week are 4 public hearings, that you can attend and choose to speak up, right from your home.
- Tuesday, June 2nd @ 1pm
- Tuesday June 2nd @ 6pm
- Wednesday June 3rd @ 1pm
- Wednesday, June 3rd @ 6pm
Please sign up by calling Pennsylvania Office of Consumer Advocate (OCA) at either of these numbers TODAY, Friday May 29th, 2020.
Our understanding is that you MUST contact them if you want to listen in, even if you don’t wish to testify. So please call.
Here are some ideas, in case you want to testify…
- Can you afford your gas bill?
- Have you had trouble accessing PGW’s bill affordability program, CRP?
- Has PGW refused to work with you to restore service due to prior debts?
- Have you had difficulty with PGW’s Customer Service?
- Does PGW deserve a raise when families are going without service during a pandemic?
From a climate perspective, we ask…
- that PGW plans to move away from selling gas
- that PGW consider electrification of all residential appliances that currently use gas — heating, hot water and cooking.
- that PGW doesn’t use poor consumers as a revenue base.
Questions? Contact the Energy Unit team at Community Legal Services of Philadelphia, at:
- (215) 227-2414